What are the differences between Millumin V1, V2 and V3 ?
Despite these major versions are quite similar, Millumin V2 contains of course many new features than Millumin V1 :
Here are main interface changes between V1 and V2 :
- Masks and warping settings are now accessible in the properties-panel
- "Automatic transitions" are now called "Media transitions" (see this tutorial)
- "Compositions" have been renamed "Timelines"
- You do not need to click the "Enter Fullscreen" button any more, since everything is handled automatically (you can still exit fullscreen via CMD+F)
Here are the features than have been removed in V2/V3 :
To finish, what's new in Millumin V3 ?
- Quartz Composer effects, since this technology is dying and have many problems (you can still import Quartz Composer patches as media, and you have shader effects in Millumin V2/V3)
- "Fill layers" have been replaced by "Color cards" concept (see this tip)
- "Fade-to-black" button (but you have a "video master" in Millumin V3)
We wrote a full article here
, to show all the nice new features of this major version.